If you have shared your card information with a merchant that debited your account and did not provide the service or good expected or debited you for an amount other than agreed on, we recommend you contacting the merchant first to try to resolve the matter.
What to expect in your dispute request:
- In most cases, you should be able to receive a refund of any debits you are disputing directly with them.
- If your charge is for an app-related charge, we recommend you reach out to your app provider.
- If your attempt to resolve the matter with the merchant is unsuccessful, Save® can assist with a dispute on your behalf.
- We will request copies of any communication effort made by you with the merchant, and supporting documentation you may have for your purchase as part of the dispute.
- You will need to complete a dispute form with details of your dispute.
- Disputes of this nature may take up to 90-120 days for resolution.
What happens with your Debit Invest Card?
- If we determine that your card is at risk of additional charges with the merchant, we will order a replacement card for you.
- You should receive your new card within 7-10 business days.
- If you added your card to a digital wallet and the fraudulent transactions are digital wallet- transactions, you should remove your card from the digital wallet immediately.
- You will need to update any merchants of your new card number for any recurring transactions.
What happens when my dispute is resolved?
- Our disputes team will send you an email with a final resolution letter.
- If the dispute is in your favor you will receive a credit from the merchant at their discretion.
- If your dispute is denied, no credit will be issued. You may request any documentation received as part of the merchant's denial.
- If you disagree with the dispute, you will need to furnish any additional information you think is needed for a reconsideration of your dispute.